A Few Important Things About Groundbreaking Weekend!
1) Outdoor Church -- We'll enjoy God's Creation with outdoor church in the Pavilion. Adult Sabbath School will be held in the Pavilion. If you're more comfortable, bring a favorite lawn chair! All kids' divisions will meet in their regular Sabbath School rooms. Some kids' divisions may have outdoor activities, so dress your kids accordingly.
2) Picnic Potluck -- This week, bring picnic fare -- sandwiches, salads, veggies, fruit, desserts. Food that doesn't need warming or cooking. We'll enjoy our meal in the glorious setting of the Pavilion.
3) Potluck Volunteers -- We are grateful to the following: Kitchen Prep - Joy Williams, Rosanna Jensen, Janet Bostwick, Joanna Davis. Clean-Up - Rody & Kelley Hosteter, Tom & D’Rae Krein, Ray & Teresa Netzel, Bob & Dee Roberts, Linden & Lucy Winn, Chuck & Janet Bostwick, Aaron & Joanna Davis, Jim & Rosanna Jensen, Jason Hausherr.
4) Groundbreaking at 1:30 pm - After Potluck, we'll proceed to the Sanctuary site (inside the white fence on the porch side of the church) for the Groundbreaking Ceremony. IMPORTANT: Please bring a shovel because EVERYONE gets a part in starting this chapter in Springtown's history. Please bring shovels for kids, too!!
5) Please Pray -- The Groundbreaking Poster you've seen for a few weeks has five words on it -- reBuild, reFresh, reConnect, reCommit & reNew. Our prayer is that Groundbreaking Sabbath is more than a symbolic turning of dirt! Please pray that God will move in a new, fresh way among our Church Family. That while we will build that we will also commit to God's call in our lives. That our connection with our Savior and each other will deepen. May this be our prayer!