A Star-Studded Weekend!
November 13 & 14 -- Something for the Entire Family
Hey kids, tell your parents to join us at Springtown for a festive family weekend devoted to Johannes Kepler, who was one of the greatest star gazers ever. We'll throw in some Thanksgiving celebrations, amazing kid-size stories and fun-filled Saturday night. Here's the schedule:
1) Friday Night Soup Supper & Presentation -- 6 pm -- Enjoy a delicious supper and then our first story time (with stickers) and lectures about Kepler the star gazer!
2) Sabbath -- A Full Day of Activities
a. Adult Sabbath School at 9:30 am will feature another presentation on Kepler.
b. Worship Service at 10:45 am will feature music by Mark Ringwelski, another story & more stickers for kids, and a final presentation about our star gazing Kepler.
c. Thanksgiving-Theme Potluck -- Please join us and bring your favorite Thanksgiving food to share.
d. Evening of Family Fun - 5 pm at Springtown - Check out this line-up! We'll begin with a light potluck of salads & snacks. The church will provide hot chocolate, hot cider and hot dogs for roasting over the bonfire. Our vespers will include music and astronomy stories. It gets better. Jay Williams and his telescope will introduce us to stars. While you're waiting your turn to gaze Heavenward, decorate space cookies, take part in a fun art project or look inside the International Space Station. And to top it all off . . . enjoy a hayride.
Our Speakers & Guests
1) Dr. Carl Helrich -- professor emeritus and former chair of the physics department at Goshen College in Goshen, IN. He is the founder of the Midwest Religion and Science Society (MRSS) and a writer of physics textbooks.
2) Dr. Karen Abrahamson -- one of our own who is a mental health professional for Ozark Guidance and a long-time devotee to the religion-and-science topic. She is an adjunct family member of Adventist University Health Sciences at Florida Hospital and a former steering committee member of MRSS.
3) Dr. Mark Ringwelski -- an occupational medicine physician from the Green Bay, WI area, Mark will bless us with his vocal music throughout the weekend.