If you love kids, have children in your home, work with or teach kids, love being a grandparent, or cherish your nieces/nephews -- this weekend is for you! Here are the plans: FRIDAY, APRIL 7 ACTIVITIES
1) SOUP SUPPER at 6 pm with presentation by Gary Hopkins to follow. SATURDAY, APRIL 8 ACTIVITIES
1) MEN'S BREAKFAST at 7:30-9 am with presentation by Gary.
2) ADULT SABBATH SCHOOL at 9:30 am with presentation by Gary.
3) WORSHIP SERVICE at 10:45 am with presentation by Gary.
4) POTLUCK LUNCH following the Worship Service
5) EVENING PRESENTATION at 6:45 pm with special presentation by Gary just for parents (and anyone else interested in Healthy Kids!)
6) KIDS ACTIVITIES at 6:45 pm in the Pavilion while parents enjoy their presentation.
7) POPCORN & A MOVIE at 8 pm for EVERYONE! WHO IS GARY HOPKINS? Dr. Gary Hopkins brings a wealth of professional, clinical, academic and research expertise in what makes kids resistant to the many negative forces and influences in our world. While his resume is long, the most important thing to know is that Gary loves to help parents, grandparents, families, churches and schools make a positive difference in kids' lives. Come see for yourself. WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Simple. Anyone that loves kids. Parents. Grandparents. Teachers. Counselors. Pastors. Aunts & Uncles. Church Members. If you have a passion for the kids in your home or have a heart for the kids in your church or school -- you'll enjoy Gary.
You Anoint My Head With Oil
Wednesday, March 29, 7-8 pm
Please join us for this time of study, discussion & reflection on the beloved 23rd Psalm. It's not too late to join the group. Free study books available.
New Adult Sabbath School Lesson
Feed My Sheep - 1st & 2nd Peter
This coming Sabbath begins a new three-month study on two small books written by Peter -- one of Christ's disciples. We begin this coming Sabbath by looking at "The Person of Peter." If you haven't had the opportunity to grab your quarterly off the hallway table, log onto http://www.ssnet.org, read through these two short books, and spend time in the Gospels reading stories that involve this amazing man! See you 9:30 am!
A Fool Says There is No God!
Sabbath, April 1 -- Pastor Tony Cash
Psalm 14:1 says, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' " What better time than April Fools Day for Pastor Tony to dissect this famous text. No doubt, he will challenge and inspire us into a deeper relationship with God!
Coming to Springtown
Sabbath, April 22
Join us for an important planning vespers --
this coming Sabbath evening, April 1, 6 pm
OAA Benefit Gala
Sunday, April 30, 6-8 pm
All friends of Ozark Adventist Academy are cordially invited to a Benefit Gala in the Cafeteria to raise funds for a groundbreaking technology program. This formal (church dress) banquet will feature a catered meal and entertainment by Academy students. Tickets are $100 per person. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.ozarkacademy.org. The Project: Every student that enrolls at OAA next year (2017-2018) will receive a new Chromebook laptop. This groundbreaking move will begin the process of transforming the Academy into the nerve center of a conference-wide program that will place Chromebooks in the hands of every 3rd-10th grade student. The educational transformation that will take place at the Academy (and has already begun at a few AR/LA elementary schools), will then grow into connected classrooms that will provide distance learning opportunities throughout all Adventist schools in the conference.The program goal is to increase the number of kids in Adventist Christian schools and create an innovative network to further enhance quality education. Support the Vision: Invest in the future of Adventist education in the Arkansas-Louisiana Conference by attending this Gala. Lots more details and exiting plans will be shared at the Gala!